ENTRY PERMIT TYPES AND CLASSES
SHORT-TERM MULTIPLE ENTRY AND SHORT TERM SINGLE ENTRY
Persons entering PNG to attend business meetings, board meetings, conferences, conduct an exploratory business visit or participate in business negotiation. Employment is prohibited (except in very limited cases – see below).
Dependents of business entry permit holders can apply for a tourist entry permit at PNG Diplomatic missions or upon arrival at Jackson’s International Airport, Port Moresby (subject to eligibility).
The Business Short Term Multiple Entry Permit is valid for 12 months with a stay of up to 60 days permitted on each arrival. The Business Short Term Single Entry Permit is valid for 30 days only on arrival. A person may enter PNG up to and including the date of expiration of the Entry Permit as stated on the label. Once expired, applicants must re-apply.
BUSINESS RELATED EMPLOYMENT
As a general rule, employment in PNG is prohibited for the holder of a Business Short Term Multiple Entry Permit. However, in very limited circumstances, Business Short Term Multiple Entry Permit holders may be granted work rights for the purpose of travelling to PNG to undertake short-term work assignments (no more than two months). Examples could include where an employee is required to fulfill an initial probation period or where an employee is required to undertake urgent maintenance work that cannot be performed by anyone else in PNG. In such cases:
- The maximum period of stay is limited to two months;
- Entry is limited to two times per year with a maximum stay period of four months per year; and
- No extensions permitted under any circumstances.
If an employee is required to stay in PNG for longer than two months continuously then a Work Permit and Working Resident Entry Permit must be obtained.
All Business Short Term Multiple Entry Permit applications that require business related work rights will be processed through the Immigration and Citizenship Division and be considered by the appropriate authority. Applications must be accompanied by a letter from the business clearly stating why the applicant is required to undertake short-term employment in PNG.
WHERE TO APPLY
- Application form, passport and supporting documents should be lodged at any PNG diplomatic mission or upon arrival at Jackson’s International Airport, Port Moresby. Applicants from those countries listed on page 17 must apply for an entry permit prior to arrival in PNG and do not qualify to apply for an entry permit on arrival.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete the “Application for Entry Permit” (Form 1)
2. Pay the MSF as set out in the Summary Table and provide receipt.
3. Provide documentary evidence as follows:
- Letter from business associate in PNG indicating purpose of visit, duration of stay, location of business, and proposed frequency of visits;
- Evidence of return/on-going ticket.
EXTENSION OF STAY
Extensions for the Short Term Multiple Entry Permit may be approved only once for a further 30 days.
- Complete “Application to extend entry Permit” (Form 4);
- Pay MSF as set out in the Summary Table.
- Provide supporting documents stating reasons for extension.
APEC BUSINESS TRAVEL CARD
For passport holders of economies participating in the APEC Business Travel Card Scheme. Applications must be made with the applicant’s country of nationality.
Dependents of APEC Business Travel Card Holders are not eligible to obtain an APEC Business Travel Card and must make application for an alternative entry permit in advance of travel (or on arrival for eligible nationals).
The APEC Business Travel Card Entry Permit is valid while the holder’s passport and business card remain valid and is good for multiple entries for a stay of up to 60 days.
Holders of APEC Business Travel Cards issued by their Government who reside in PNG under another entry permit must comply with normal stay requirements under the respective Acts of PNG.
WHERE TO APPLY
- The APEC Business travel card issued by the respective participating economy will be electronically transmitted by the authorised authority in the participating economy through the APEC dedicated network to the Immigration and Citizenship Division of the PNG Department of Foreign Affairs and Immigration and is deemed to be an application for an entry permit.
HOW TO APPLY
For APEC Business Travel Card Applicants:
1. Application for an APEC Business Travel Card to be made through the respective APEC Member Economy.
EXTENSION OF STAY
No extensions of stay are permitted for holders of the APEC Business Travel Card. Foreign business persons who overstay will be reported to their respective Government and may be banned from returning to PNG.
MIGRATION SERVICE FEES
Visa Type Visa Classes Fees
BUSINESS Short-term Multiple Entry $ 220.00, effective 1 April 2014 the new fee will be $435.00.
BUSINESS Short Term Single Entry $110.00, effective 1 April 2014 the new fee will be $215.00
Dependent - Gratis