ENTRY PERMIT TYPES AND CLASSES
This category comprises the following classes:
- Person undertaking full time studies in PNG institutions.
- Person entering PNG to undertake workplace-based training in order to upgrade or develop their skills (including students undertaking medical electives).
- Dependent spouse or children under the age of 18 of the principal applicant.
Student entry permits are Multiple Entry and are issued up to the length of the course. Entry permits for government-sponsored students may be issued according to the length of the sponsorship.
WHERE TO APPLY
Application form, passport and supporting documents should be lodged at the relevant PNG diplomatic mission.
Other supporting documents should be lodged by the educational institution/sponsor at ICD for approval.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete “Application for Entry Permit” (Form 1).
2. Pay MSF as set out in the Summary Table and provide the following documentary evidence:
- Letter of Acceptance from the educational institution.
- Letter from institution or organization indicating purpose of training.
- Letter of Undertaking from the sponsoring organization guaranteeing repatriation of the trainee.
To be issued a Dependent entry permit:
- Must be included in letter of acceptance from PNG educational institution/organization;
- Must be included in the principal applicant’s letter of undertaking (for occupational trainees).
EXTENSION OF STAY
Extensions can be granted if required.
- Complete the “Application to Extend Entry Permit” (Form 4).
- Provide supporting documentation from the institution or organization indicating purpose of extension.
- Pay the MSF as set out in the Summary Table and provide receipt.
MIGRATION SERVICE FEES
Visa Type Visa Classes Fees
STUDENT Formal Education $ 25.00
Occupational Trainee $ 25.00
Dependent $ 25.00
A Transmission fee of $ 50.00 is also charged to the above visa classes.